I find with lots of my clients and even in my own personal life the way in which we start our day can make or break how the rest of our day will pan out, so here are some daily habits to make some small but significant changes to your life each day. You will be amazed at how a small change can make a big impact, so live in vitality and spread a positive vibe to those around you, as we all have the power to have an amazing day!
- Create an alarm from your favourite song or tune that you enjoy that has a positive happy feeling. A song that will encourage you to wake up, get out of bed and embrace the day.
- Be mindful of your thoughts, especially when you first wake up making sure your first thoughts are positive. Waking up to a thought of how it’s a beautiful day is much better than I hate Monday’s.
- Meditation can be a great tool to quieten your mind before you start your day and eradicate any negative thoughts that aren’t conducive to creating a more productive and better day. All you need is 5 minutes to start with, and then whatever suits you best. You may only need to meditate for 5 minutes.
- Be kind to yourself and treat yourself well and learn to love who you are. You are the only permanent person in your life so you may as well enjoy your own company. Treating your mind, body and spirit well is so important.
- Become more aware of your thoughts. Are your thoughts detrimental to you? Are they positive and encouraging?
- Forgive yourself and others and move on.
- Spend time in nature. Take your shoes off and walk on the grass. Feel the sun on your skin.
- Surround yourself with people who are supportive, encouraging and overall positive. You’ll be amazed at how different you’ll feel.
- Be kind to others by paying someone a compliment, make someone a gift, donate time and / or money to a good cause, help someone (for example help an elderly person with their shopping trolley by taking it with them to their car), spend quality time with friends and family and with the children in your life. It’s important people know how much you love them and care about them. Something as simple as practicing cricket with your child to help them improve their skills can make a huge difference.
- Smile and laugh every day.
- Do something you enjoy every day. Whether it’s dancing, singing, spending time with family and friends.
- Be grateful and appreciate everything you have.
- Eating a healthy breakfast is also really important. You’ll realise how important this is when you feel more energetic, and less hungry.
- Exercising in the morning can create a more productive morning as it helps clear your mind and gives you more energy. I know it sounds crazy but it’s true.